Woods Event Management can address all your business event needs, from 100 to 100,000.
Want to put on a world-class conference? Let WEM manage the entire event. Their services include:
- Consulting on property & contract negotiations
- Site recommendations
- Creating timelines for actionable items
- Managing on-site logistics, including registration
- Managing off-site and leisure activities
|Harper College Avante'
Coordinated & managed (2) Thank You Celebration/Opening Events - one for staff, faculty & employees - the other for VIP's which included:
- Participated in all Committee Meetings -ensured logistics were identified & provided recommendations
- Identified & recommended caterers, rental companies & entertainment.
- Negotiated all outside supplier contracts/agreements
- Coordinated/managed all on-site set-ups & logistics with all suppliers & in-house support entities.
photograph by Steven Donish
Corporate Sales Outings
If your needs extend beyond your sales training program to include special, after hour events such as: dinner cruises, museum visits, sightseeing trips, shopping or the like, let WEM plan the outings. WEM has planned & managed these types of leisure time activities for a variety of companies such as Motorola's five-week program for sales reps from more than 14 different countries!
WEM expertise includes:
- All site selection & contract negotiations of service providers and group housing.
- Airport meet & greet and management of ground transportation.
- Recommendation and planning of all off-site events such as:
- Sporting events
- City tours
- Dinner cruises
- Shopping excursions
- Managing on-site logistics for all planned events.
Whether your golf outing is for 72 or more than 200, WEM can handle ALL the details, including:
- Course recommendation
- Site inspection
- Selection and coordination with golf pro and banquet managers
- Recommend & coordinate on-course special events and games
- Recommend Sponsor package development
- Develop pairings
- On-site logistics
Get your company motivated with a well-planned and executed convention…and let WEM take care of managing all aspects of it, including:
- Manage all on & off-site logistics
- Site inspections and selection
- All contract negotiations
- Timeline and agenda development
- Coordination of program content
- Coordination of AV production
- Coordination of Staging & Speaker rehearsals
- Exhibits/product display layouts
- Recommendation of PR materials & promotional items
- Selection and management of support staff
- Working with independent and corporate security
- Registration management
- Arrange & manage off-site leisure activities
- Breakout and seminar session management
- Manage set-ups & monitor service at all Receptions and dinners
Celebrity Lecture Series
WEM contracted with a Canadian entertainment company to produce a 5-part lecture series which had an attendance of more than 9,000.
- Identified sponsor hotel for celebrities
- Implemented pre- and post-show functions
- Marketed the series through unique outlets
- Provided airport meet/greet escort and transportation for celebrities
- Managed site technical needs
- Worked with ticket sales office to monitor sales and implement more or less marketing as needed
Chicago Tribune Printers Row Book Fair
The annual Chicago Tribune Printers Row Book Fair has grown over the last several years to include more than 120,000 attendees, enjoying more than 135 programs, more than 200 authors and 150 exhibitors. WEM has handled the pre-and on-site operations and management of their large event for the past six years which included:
- Coordinating on-site participation of sponsors and exhibitors (load in and out and customer relations)
- Identified, contracted & coordinated suppliers including: tent, transportation, waste removal, communications, etc.
- Worked with the Chicago Police Department and private security to ensure crowd control and safety measures were enforced
- Worked with other City of Chicago departments, including Streets and Sanitation, to arrange refuse removal, gain permits and establish electrical connections
- Hired support staff & developed staff manual
- Managed street closings and removal of all exhibitors & equipment at the close of the Fair
Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
Woods Event Management (WEM) was selected for the third year to produce the Main Stage and Sponsor areas for the 2010 Magnificent Mile Lights Festival presented by Harris at Pioneer Court in Chicago, IL.
WEM will be responsible for the main stage, production and talent, with performances by Choo Choo Soul, Justin Roberts, Radio Disney Party Patrol, Allstar Weekend and a soon to be announced closing performer. In addition, WEM will manage the sponsor area, including tents and equipment for sponsors such as Harris, Eli's Cheesecake Co. and Radio Disney AM 1300. WEM will also be responsible for the set up and take down of specific viewing areas at Pioneer Court, the Wrigley Building, the Plaza of the Americas and a new location on Superior Street, for the ever-popular Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Parade and fireworks
The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival will take place on Saturday, November 20 and is expected to draw 800 volunteers and one million viewers. The evening's events and parade will be broadcasted live on ABC Channel 7.